Penguin Prototype and Paper Blueprints

 









I have decided to use the penguin as my final model. It's clean, not too easy but also not too complex so it is perfect for this assignment. In this blog I have included pictures of the model from different angles as well as the print ready sheets. It's impossible to insert a PDF into a blogger post so I just took a screenshot of what it should look like. It was a bit hard to take a screenshot without cropping out the edge of the rectangle.

I added flaps using square shapes and trimming them down into a triangular shape. I made the outline of each unfolded part solid and the insides dotted. One problem I encountered was that the dots wouldn't show up but I figured out that it was because the object was too small. Increasing the size has fixed that problem instantly. 

I will try to make a prototype using these printouts next. If it becomes too hard to assemble I will add fold direction arrows next to each dotted line in Rhino. This will make the object more user friendly.

Comments

Popular Posts